Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2016

PSX2016 Impressions

Okay, so I'm finally talking about a current event. Earlier on the day of this writing, Sony began it's two-day PlayStation Experience Event, where it advertises hypes up various upcoming releases. Now, I'm just gonna go over some highlights of the big opening presentation.

Uncharted Except You Don't Play As A White Man
As somebody who has never really been into Uncharted, I don't care much for this announcement, but I am glad to see more of AAA gaming embrace the possibility of having non-percieved-as-default player characters.

Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite
(Hype intensifies)

WipEout and Crash Bandicoot Remasters
I am glad to see Sony bring attention to the franchises that helped define the PlayStation with WipEout Omega Collection and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. These seem like complete overhauls, and I am interested to know if the remaster of Crash 1 will do anything with the nonsensical save system which only allowed you to save if you got a gem or completed a bonus stage.

The Last Guardian
It comes out next week, and I am still not even a quarter of the way done with Final Fantasy XV (From what I've heard), which came out this week. The fact that two games which have been in development for approximately a million years are releasing a week apart from each other is mind-boggling to me, personally.

Parappa The Rapper, Patapon, and LocoRoco Remasters
According to the post on the official PlayStation Blog, The connecting theme of these three games is that "They feature music in a unique way". I feel like a better connecting theme is that the latter two games used to be exclusive to the PSP, which I find interesting.

Knack is Getting a Sequel
Who asked for this? Because I don't recall anybody seriously wanting a sequel to that mediocre launch title. Who...WHY?!

Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 Announced For The West
Okay, all I really care about here is that Yakuza 6 has Puyo Puyo as a minigame. 

NieR Automata Gets A Western Launch Date
The very distant sequel to the rather divisive NieR finally has a launch date in the Western hemisphere. Personally, I loved the original, so I am excited about this.

Ys Origin PS4 Version
One of the best games in the long-running Ys series gets a PS4 version. This sounds good at first, but then I read the blog post, and the port is being done by DotEmu, infamous for not being able to do a porting job right. (Similar for Windjammers, except I have never played that game)

Indie Showcase
A lot of the indies put on display in a row seem great. I'm not a fan of Nidhogg 2's new gross-out aesthetic, though. (I'm a bit squeamish, sue me.)

Let It Die
I've gone through life when the only Suda51 game I've played was Sine Mora (Which I never finished because it sucks royally).

Closing With The Last of Us Part II
I never played the first game, somehow.

So, uh, those are my impressions. Feel free to agree or disagree in the comments, or ask my opinion on things I may not have covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment