Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

A Game Designer/Tester Answers Questions

A while ago, I e-mailed a few questions to Dave Pulsoni, who works at Blue Byte in Dusseldorf, Germany. He has responded, and I will post the questions and responses here for you to read. The spelling and grammar of his answers have been cleaned up by me for better readability.



How long have you been working at Blu Byte?
Well, I started about 5 years ago, and I also do freelance work
What is it like there?

I work out of my home. I go to Düsseldorf twice a year, it’s pretty cool. There is so much American stuff and so many people speak English. It is like being home!
What do you do at Blu Byte?

I’m working on the game engine pipeline, development, extending and implementing gameplay code, and Implementing new game logic within a huge code base. Sounds glamorous, huh!
What projects have you worked on?

Specifically, in Games, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Assassin's Creed Identity, Champions of Anteria
What are you most proud of?

Participation in development of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
What is your favorite console generation?

Gen 6, it got me into gaming. PS2 and Xbox were my life back in the day. Halo 2, Godzilla: Save the Earth, War of the Monsters, Destroy All Humans, and other titles made me enjoy the ever living hell out of those systems. Sometimes I regret trading them in.
What does it take to work in this industry, in your opinion? 
Tenacity, creativity and most important, being part of gaming community. By that I mean playing in tournaments, being part of clubs, going to conventions, and cold calling game developers.
Where do you see the state of the industry in the coming years?

Leaps and bounds! Dude, the sky is the limit. The new gen of games will be leaps and bounds above what we have seen. Nanotechnology, virtual and augmented reality sims, cloud gaming, portability, neuro transmitters, and a host of other advancements in gaming will totally change the gamer experience.
Who inspires you?
 
Shigeru Miyamoto, to me he is the most innovative and influential game designer of all time, and he created games that everyone wants to copy. He is definitely a founding father of gaming.
Any parting words?

Game on, keep the machine of creativity running so that we all can have the ultimate game created!

No comments:

Post a Comment